Ancient Persia wells – Archaeological research in Iran
Ancient Persia wells – Archaeological research in Iran – Archaeologists conducting research in Iran.
Have discovered ancient wells of which drew the water – Persepolis, the ancient Parsa,
one of the capitals of ancient Persia. The wells were found with pottery perfect condition.
According to the believing these structures may have formed in the early days of Persepolis,
in the reign of Darius the Great in the sixth century B.C.
Iran military situation – After the end of World War II
Iran military situation – After the end of World War II – The British withdrew their troops from Iran, the Russians – not. Moreover, in March 1946. Occupying Azerbaijan South. Soviet troops left the province, but marched on Tehran, and towards the border with Iraq. In this situation, US President Harry Truman, demanded the withdrawal of the Russians and threatened them with war. The Americans then had a monopoly on nuclear weapons. The Russians stopped the march on Tehran and quickly withdrew from Iran. With the Tehran government removed the communists and the army suppressed the resistance of Kurdish and Azeri separatists.
Neolithic swastikas – Oldest from the fifth century BC
Neolithic swastikas – One of the oldest swastika comes from the fifth century BC from the Neolithic period. In Iran and in the Baltic countries swastika appear on the ceramic shell. In southern Europe it also worshiped the ancient Hittites and the Greeks. Sign can also find on the American continent in the symbolism of the North American Navajo. The very word swastika comes from Sanskrit and originally meant happiness.
Biggest oil spills – Have long-term consequences
Biggest oil spills:
– The largest oil-related disaster took place during the Gulf War. This was not due to a technical defect or explosion, but to planned sabotage. Oil was released by the Iraqi army. Whose goal was to slow down US troops planning to take over Kuwait.
– 20.04.2010 On an oil rig Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico exploded for unknown reasons, as a result of which sank the entire platform. The result was disaster oil spill area of 10 thousands km².
– An oil well belonging to the Mexican oil company Pemex. It was in the Gulf of Mexico, almost 1,000 km off the coast of Texas. At that time, the company was extracting oil from a 3 km deep well. When a huge explosion broke out.
– An accident that occurred near Tobago. It was not caused by the failure of the oil rig, but the collision of two tankers during a tropical storm.
– The tanker exploded unexpectedly and burned off the coast of South Africa in 1983. The ship traveled on the sea since 1978.
– In May 1991 exploded almost 1500 km off the coast of Angola. The ship was built in the South Korean shipyard Ulsan. It traveled on the sea since 1974.
– In 1978, the tanker crashed off the coast of France. On its standard route, from the Persian Gulf to the Dutch port of Rotterdam. When a 335 meter ship passed the west coast of France. It got inside a violent storm.
– An American ship exploded about a thousand kilometers, off the east coast of Canada. About 162 million liters of crude oil spilled out of it. Into the open sea.
– The tanker was built in Cardiz shipyards in 1973. The ship was 334 meters long and 51 meters wide. In 1991 a catastrophic explosion took place near Genoa, Italy. During routine pumping operations, a part of the load.
– 19.11.2002 Tanker MT Prestige sank off the northern coast of the Iberian Peninsula. Leaked it 63 thousand tons of oil, and the cost of their removal amounted to more than 8 billion euros.
– 24.03.1989 Tanker Exxon Valdez crashed off the coast of Alaska. Leaked out of it approx. 41 million liters of crude oil. It was one of the biggest ecological disasters. It happened in Prince William’s Bay, where the ship crashed into a cliff. Having a full oil tank.
Oil spill has long-term consequences. As a result, thousands are dying of marine animals including birds. Hazardous substances accumulate in the bodies of animals and also threaten the health of consumers.