Kevin Poulsen – Thanks to fraud won Porsche 994
Kevin Poulsen – born 30.11.1965, Pasadena, United States of America. Nickname: “Dark dante”. He started hacking as a 17-year-old in high school. He then broke into several systems on the Arpanet network, which was the predecessor of the Internet operated since 1969 by the US Defense Ministry. Telephones for Poulsen were more fascinating than computers. He managed to gain access to Bell, which was one of the best secured telephone companies in the US. In 1991 he made his biggest fraud. The KISS-FM radio station announced a competition in which competitor could win the Porsche 994. It was enough to be the 102 person who will connect with studio. Kevin and his friends took control of the telephone exchanges and at the right moment blocked the phones from other participants. Thanks to this fraud, Poulsen “won” the car. He was captured by the police in the same year. He spent 51 months in prison and had to pay a fine of $ 56,000.
Meteorological week analysis
Meteorological week analysis – After analyzing the meteorological data from the years 1991-2005,
the German researchers found that the hottest day of the week is Wednesday, and the driest – Monday.
However, in the weekend usually it rains. Within a week, smog obscures the sun and the exhaust gases
are involved in the formation of clouds. On Saturday, this phenomenon goes critical.
Energy sources exhaustion forecasts
Energy sources exhaustion forecasts – In 1972. Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) predicted exhaustion of all primary energy sources in 20 years. In 1991. However, they had to re-evaluate their forecasts. It turned out that non-renewable resources is more than 20 years ago.
Biggest oil spills – Have long-term consequences
Biggest oil spills:
– The largest oil-related disaster took place during the Gulf War. This was not due to a technical defect or explosion, but to planned sabotage. Oil was released by the Iraqi army. Whose goal was to slow down US troops planning to take over Kuwait.
– 20.04.2010 On an oil rig Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico exploded for unknown reasons, as a result of which sank the entire platform. The result was disaster oil spill area of 10 thousands km².
– An oil well belonging to the Mexican oil company Pemex. It was in the Gulf of Mexico, almost 1,000 km off the coast of Texas. At that time, the company was extracting oil from a 3 km deep well. When a huge explosion broke out.
– An accident that occurred near Tobago. It was not caused by the failure of the oil rig, but the collision of two tankers during a tropical storm.
– The tanker exploded unexpectedly and burned off the coast of South Africa in 1983. The ship traveled on the sea since 1978.
– In May 1991 exploded almost 1500 km off the coast of Angola. The ship was built in the South Korean shipyard Ulsan. It traveled on the sea since 1974.
– In 1978, the tanker crashed off the coast of France. On its standard route, from the Persian Gulf to the Dutch port of Rotterdam. When a 335 meter ship passed the west coast of France. It got inside a violent storm.
– An American ship exploded about a thousand kilometers, off the east coast of Canada. About 162 million liters of crude oil spilled out of it. Into the open sea.
– The tanker was built in Cardiz shipyards in 1973. The ship was 334 meters long and 51 meters wide. In 1991 a catastrophic explosion took place near Genoa, Italy. During routine pumping operations, a part of the load.
– 19.11.2002 Tanker MT Prestige sank off the northern coast of the Iberian Peninsula. Leaked it 63 thousand tons of oil, and the cost of their removal amounted to more than 8 billion euros.
– 24.03.1989 Tanker Exxon Valdez crashed off the coast of Alaska. Leaked out of it approx. 41 million liters of crude oil. It was one of the biggest ecological disasters. It happened in Prince William’s Bay, where the ship crashed into a cliff. Having a full oil tank.
Oil spill has long-term consequences. As a result, thousands are dying of marine animals including birds. Hazardous substances accumulate in the bodies of animals and also threaten the health of consumers.